Meet one of my oldest and dearest friends, Angela. The poor love was at the tail end of a rough cold, so a makeover was just the thing to make her feel human again, especially ahead of a cozy dinner with friends! Here’s before and after photos and a list of products used.
- Primed the eyelids with Too Faced Shadow Insurance (love this product)
- Mac Brule as an eyeshadow base on the eyelid and under brow
- Makeup Geek’s ‘Glamorous’eyeshadow (kind of a warm burnt golden colour) in the crease blended out with Makeup Geek’s Latte (medium/dark brown) used to darken the crease slightly
- Makeup Geek’s ‘Bada Bing’ (very dark brown with faint gold sparkle) in the outer v
- Stila’s waterproof liquid eyeliner in black on the upper lash line
- MAC Prunella Eye kohl on the lower lashline – blended out with Makeup Geek’s Latte to get a sultry smokey effect
- Benefit’s Highbeam as an inner corner highlight as well as a little under the browbone.
- Foundation was a bit of trial and error as I didn’t have the perfect shade! Eventually I got the right combo with Loreal True Match Foundation, mixed with a bit of Elizabeth Arden’s Intervene and Garnier BB Cream J (whatever works!)
- MAC Mineralise Concealer under Angela’s eyes and on a few blemishes. This concealer is brilliant, it’s really moisturising on the under eye area and has non-cakey lovely finish (and it doesn’t crease)
- Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Medium, used as a contour
- Milani Baked Blusher in ‘Berry Amore’. Can’t get buy these in NZ, but you can get ‘em online and they are about $6 (and they are AWESOME).
- Benefit Highbeam as a highlighter (on top of the cheekbones, on the forehead and on the cupid’s bow) – this gave Angela’s skin a gorgeous glowy lift and really finished off the look.
I was high fiving myself here: I got her in a pink! I used Mac’s Angel lipstick topped with Nars lipgloss in ‘Turkish Delight’ (neither which, FYI, is not on my ‘would repurchase list’ on account of being seriously overpriced!)
Despite being skeptical about the combo, Angela was rapt with the look. She’s a big fan of a grey smokey eye which I’ve done on her quite a few times, so it took a bit of gentle persuasion to get her in browns. Success though, the brown with a bit of sparkle were perfect and made her pretty baby blues pop. I was so pleased to get a text the next day from Angela to thank me and let me know that her husband commented how beautiful she looked. I do like a happy customer! Unfortunately my camera was playing up and the photos aren’t the best, but don’t worry, you’ll see her again (she’s a regular). x