Jump to recipe
I whipped up this Gooey Chocolate Torte last night ahead of The Neighbours coming over for dinner (and ahead of a quick trip to the pub for pre-dinner drinks).
Now, when some food bloggers say “they whipped X up” I do a slight eye roll. Rarely, IMHO, do foodie bloggers whip something up. However, I promise, this WAS whipped up. It took 7 mins to prep then 35 mins to bake. Now, I’m sharing the recipe as I posted the steps as I made it on my Instagram story – and never have I had as many messages as since I had Botox in Bali. I personally find reading recipes on Insta a pain in the bum… So because I’m occasionally thoughtful, here’s the recipe here too!
So here’s the recipe for my Gooey Chocolate Torte which takes extra brownie points for being made in ONE POT = Sod all dishes my friends. You are welcome.
- 80g butter
- 3 eggs
- 250g carton sour cream
- 1 can of boysenberries
- 1 + 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup high quality cocoa powder
- 375g dark chocolate melts
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Add sour cream, eggs and boysenberries. Beat well to combine.
- Sift in dry ingredients and sugar. Stir till just combined. Fold through chocolate melts.
- Line and grease a round cake tin (or a flan dish is good too). Pour mixture into prepared tin/dish. Bake for 35 mins.
- Best served slightly warm, dusted with icing sugar. Serve with vanilla ice cream or cream.