She’s a gorgeous girl anyway (on the inside too!), so it was an easy task to turn this natural beauty into a serious head turner!
Kelly was off to a black tie wedding. Her dress was a beautiful strapless chiffon teal ball gown with quite a lot of detail. We felt the dress needed to speak for itself and be the centre of attention, so I opted for simple makeup with neutral/brown smokey eye, accompanied by a flawless base. Here’s the products used:
- Inglot 328 all over the lid. This is a matt skin tone colour, similar to ‘Brule’ by Mac
- Inglot 329 blended out on the crease. This is a neutral mid brown tone, similar to ‘Wedge’, also by Mac. I also used a little Mac Mulch to darken the crease slightly.
- Inglot 323 eyeshadow in the outer v. This is a dark shimmery brown.
- MAC Prunella Eye kohl applied on both the upper and lower lashline – blended out to generate a smokey effect. This is a dark brown eyeliner with a hint of burgundy (and my favourite ever eyeliner!).
- Benefit Highbeam as an inner corner highlight
- Rimmel eyebrow pencil in the colour ‘Hazel’.
This combination worked really well and the smoking out of the eyeshadow on the outer v had the effect of elongating Kelly’s slightly round eyes. Colour wise, the burgundy tones of the MAC Prunella eyeliner really bought out the green in Kelly’s eyes and finished the eyes off beautifully.
- Jordana Oil Free foundation – Kelly prefers a light to medium coverage and I went with her favourite base – . Kelly and I actually discovered this foundation together at the 123 Shop: At only $4.50 we thought we’d be silly not to try it out! We both love it and it suits beautifully on Kelly’s combination skin (as well as on my oily complexion!)
- Maybelline FIT concealer in the colour Sand Sable
- Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Medium, used as a contour
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in ‘Translucent’ to take away any excess shine
- Jordana Blusher in Coral Sandy Beach (Kelly’s everyday blush – it really suits her and best of all, this is bang for buck at $4.50, again from the 123 Shop!)
- Benefit Highbeam as a highlighter (on top of the cheekbones, on the forehead and on the cupid’s bow)
After trial and error, I ditched the fuchsia lip I had lined up (thought this would look stunning with teal), and we went for NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in the colour 129 Beige. This has to be the most inappropriately named lip gloss ever: The colour is absolutely pink, not beige at all!
Seriously, this took her 3 minutes to style. She put her hair up in hot rollers for an hour. Then she took them out, fluffed her hair out with her fingers and applied hairspray. Jealous. Much.
Isn’t she gorgeous?